Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pinecone Deer

I was out shopping and stumbled across a pinecone deer in a store window. It actually is a dik dik, made completely out of pinecones.


I came home and hunted around on-line, and I found the artist!   

Here's the website, Catherinegreenup.com, and a better photo.

Some of the other photos on the website were really fun!




I wanted  to take the little dik dik home for decoration, but the $1680 price tag meant it stayed in the store.  I guess my deer won't have a companion this season.   However I did get to enjoy a beautiful piece of art!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute~ I like the head mount of the dik dik. I think that belongs in the casita. Over the fireplace. Wait, the tv's going over the fireplace. Maybe it belongs in the main house over the fireplace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Now all I need is someone to buy it for me!

    ReplyDelete